Training in the double-degree diploma program of UA SUNY and KazNMU
April 01, 2019 KazNMU named after S.D. Asfendiyarov signed a Memorandum with the University of Albany, which is part of the University of New York (University at Albany, State University of New York (UA SUNY) on the implementation of a double-degree education program with a bachelor’s degree in public health KazNMU and an American bachelor’s degree in an educational program “Public Health” (4 years of study).
The University of New York (SUNY) is the largest integrated system of universities, colleges, and community colleges in the United States, covering 64 campuses across the state, with 424,051 students.
Four large universities belong to SUNY: Albany (1844), Binghamton (1946), Buffalo (1846) and Stony Brook (1957). Administrative offices are located in the state capital of Albany, as well as in branches in Manhattan, New York and Washington, DC.
Currently KazNMU named after S.D. Asfendiyarov is recruiting applicants for the 2019-2020 academic year under the double-degree program.
A double-diploma undergraduate program in public health is designed to form a global vision for graduates with a specialty aimed at analyzing public health and the threats it faces and successfully promoting graduates in the labor market. Graduates will acquire competencies that enable them to work effectively in preventing diseases at the community level and other areas, including internationally. Duration of study is 4 years, equivalent to 120 US credits or 240 ECTS.
The double-degree study program is implemented according to the 3 + 1 model:
- 1-3 courses students study at KazNMU;
- 4 course of study students are studying at UA SUNY (USA)
Students who have successfully completed a double-diploma program receive Kazakh and American diplomas, diplomas from 2 universities (KazNMU and UA SUNY).
Advantages of training under the two-diploma program of UA SUNY and KazNMU:
1. International learning experience;
2. Formation of competencies in the specialty on the basis of training in the most advanced educational programs
3. Improvement of the English language to the level of fluent, all classes for 4 years are held in English;
4. Classes are conducted by teachers from the United States and Kazakhstan;
5. The 4th year of study for one academic year will be held in the United States at UA SUNY University;
6. Cross-cultural communication: the acquisition of life skills in another country;
7. Classes are conducted on advanced educational technologies in an interactive mode (group projects, discussion, active training, presentations, forums, practical work);
8. Obtaining 2 diplomas for 4 years of study: international and Kazakhstani type — KazNMU and UA SUNY (recognized diploma in the world).
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICABLE TO THE PROGRAM OF BILATERAL EDUCATION
1. General secondary education or secondary vocational education;
2. Certificate of UNT with points not lower than 65
3. Knowledge of English — IELTS 6.0
4. Essay in English
5. The financial situation that allows you to pay travel expenses, accommodation and training in the US
Tuition fees at the joint program of KazNMU/UA SUNY for obtaining a bachelor’s degree in the specialty «Public Health»:
KazNMU (Kazakhstan) — 1-3 course — 770 700 tenge per academic year
UA SUNY — 4th course — $ 25,000 per academic year
Duration of training: 4 years
Tel: +7 (727) -338-70-38